Tiptapp is the future of moving things around. Our app matches you in real-time to other users that have extra space in their vehicle and time to give your stuff a ride from a to b. You get instant help with deliveries, shopping, moves and recycling of items of any size. This way we help users cope with everyday logistics while providing an important source of extra income for others. By decreasing the number of cars on the road and increasing reuse and recycle rates, we directly contribute to reducing the environmental impact in the cities where we operate. In 2021, Tiptapp’s platform paid out 7 Million Euros to helping users, saved an estimated 1,334 tonnes of CO2 emissions through fewer car rides and gave 40,000 reusable items a new home.
Tiptapp launched in Stockholm in 2016 and is backed by investors that have previously built and backed leading European tech companies like Spotify, Avito, Klarna, and Revolut. We operate across Sweden, London, Berlin and Lisbon with +300,000 users and have been growing quickly since the start. We are now a profitable company and are preparing for rapid international expansion.
We are looking for a senior backend developer to join our team
If you love backend development and would like to be a part of an experienced team and a company that is expanding in the world then let’s have a chat!
Our team is small and transparent. We value skills, talent and experience but even more so a get-things-done attitude, fearlessness and willingness to learn and evolve.
We offer an opportunity to play a key role, with a clear influence, in developing our system for the future.
What you will be working with
- You will be engineering, developing and evolving secure as well as scalable APIs that serve our apps and partner integrations.
- Writing and managing automated tests for core parts of our services.
- Making sure our production environment is up and running and purring like a kitten.
- Working in unison with product owners, implementing ideas and features as well as shipping them to production.
What it is like to work at Tiptapp
- You would join a small team of experienced senior developers.
- We have a collaborative decision making process with lots of workshops.
- Our work routines and tools are set up for remote work. But if you are in the Stockholm area, we do have some space at WeWork. Barring some occasional visit to HQ, you can be 100% remote. We currently have a hybrid team where some are fully remote and others work at our shared office a few days a week.
- Working hours are mostly flexible, but we have some synchronous work around 10–15 CET, so your timezone should not be too far off.
- We practice freedom with responsibility, you are expected to be self-driven, to pull your own weight and then some.
- Yearly offsite trips — optional of course — but fun!
We are a hardworking but easygoing group of diverse personalities who love to have fun both at and off work - We love playing games online and offline, doing BBQs, and every year we go on a trip abroad together. We take pride in our strong culture of experimenting, flat and participatory decision-making and always helping each other out, and we think you should too!
What we offer
🎯 Work with a team that is obsessed with innovation and iteration, pushing the frontier of the sharing economy
🌱 Be part of a company that has substantial impact on the environment and society
👩💻 Flexible work hours with full possibility to work remotely
🏹 Competitive salary
☀️ 30 days vacation
🏝 Pension plan
🏃♀️ Wellness allowance (~€500 per year)
We are a remote-first company and offer all employees the possibility to use a co-working space at their convenience.
Who we are looking for
We would like to get in touch with developers who...
- Have at least 5+ years of experience with backend or full-stack development.
- Have a proven track record of taking full responsibility.
- Have solid skills in Node.js.
- Have solid skills in MongoDB.
- Have some knowledge of dev-ops.
- Are based in the EU.
Even better if you have
- Amazon Web Services.
- Payment platforms such as Adyen and/or Stripe.
- Deployment and operations.
- Automated testing.
- Big data and analytics.
- Modern web development.
- Native Android development.
- Native iOS development.
We want to have a diversified team with regards to cultural backgrounds and gender. Therefore we really want to encourage every person qualified to get in touch with us.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Please note that we currently only accept applications from EU residents and will not sponsor VISAs.